Sunday, October 23, 2011

Homemade poptarts

For some reason, I had been wanting to make homemade poptarts...for the simplicity of the flavors, and freshness.  And much healthier than the storebought boxed kind!  And cheaper too!  Oh and it's so much yummier than the storebought stuff!

So I went online and googled for recipes.  I went with the one at Bake Me More.  I used the storebought pie crust (although the next time I'm definitely going to make my own crust).

I used three different fillings: apple butter, Nutella, and strawberry jam.  I think I like the strawberry jam the best.  Hubby liked the Nutella, and the little Junebug liked strawberry.


Strawberry filling

Just before baking.  Bottom left are apple butter. Bottom right is Nutella.  Top is strawberry.




After baking.  Needs some icing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment